World of Warcraft 7.3 Update Takes You to the Burning Legion Home World
The first part of the update is already on the Public Test Realm.
World of Warcraft isn't standing still. Having just released the 7.2.5 update and opening the Tomb of Sargeras raid two weeks ago, Blizzard has already put the 7.3 update on the Public Test Realm. And this time, players will be taking the fight to the home world of the Burning Legion.
The new content will take place after the events of the Sargeras raid, with players heading to the broken and battered world of Argus. Unfortunately, for players that just got used to flying when the 7.2 patch was released, Argus will be a "no-fly zone." This shouldn't be too surprising, as it mirrors end-game zones from previous expansions such as The Molten Front, the Isle of Thunder and the Timeless Isle. The good news is that players will have a mobile base of operations, a spaceship known as the Vindicaar, which will allow players to access different areas of the world via teleportation pads similar to those found in Suramar.
"Most (but not all) of the new stuff in 7.3 takes place on Argus - and as you might expect, this is hostile territory," WoW community Manager John "Lore" Allen said in a PTR blog update detailing the changes. "Demons patrol every crag of Argus’s shattered surface, and sometimes it seems as if the planet itself is out to get you. This will be a very story-driven update, but we’re also designing areas with sandbox elements intended to be enjoyed even after you complete the main quest."
Other major items coming in 7.3, but not being discussed yet include:
- Further chapters of the Argus storyline, including many cinematic story moments
- New World Quests
- Professions updates, including epic gems
- The Netherlight Crucible, which allows you to upgrade your Artifact to unlock a new way to customize your Relics
- New dungeon: Seat of the Triumvirate
- New raid: Antorus, the Burning Throne (though as with other Legion raids, it won’t be released immediately with 7.3)
- Invasion Points, a new type of replayable content that let you fight the Legion on multiple different worlds
- Several other improvements and updates to existing features
There is no official timetable on the release of 7.3, but based on the staggered opening of the full Sargeras raid and the need to fully test all aspects of 7.3 and make changes, players can likely expect it by September.
John Keefer posted a new article, World of Warcraft 7.3 Update Takes You to the Burning Legion Home World
All you need to know of the new patch : http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2017/june/SoulHound.jpg