With all the new games and hardware coming out at E3, Razer has decided to join the fray, revealing an all new Thresher wireless headset designed for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles. It is also compatible with PC, and is planned for release next month.
The headphones offer 7.1 Dolby surround sound, with a wireless range of 40 feet. The battery life is an estimated 16 hours, with four hours of charge time. The microphone is retractable, and can store in the ear cup. Mic and master volume controls are on the headset. A stand and audio hub base stations are included in the $249 price.
“We are taking our expertise in designing the very best PC gaming hardware into the console arena,” Razer co-founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan said in a press release. “These are the most reliable and best sounding wireless console headsets ever made.”
Pre-orders have started now on the official Razer site.
Here are the full specs:
- 50 mm Driver – For powerful lifelike audio
- 7.1 Dolby Surround Sound – For best-in-class positional audio
- 2.4 Ghz Wireless Lag-free wireless
- On-Headset Controls – Quickly adjust mic & master volume
- Noise-isolating Leatherette Ear Cushions – Stay completely focused on your game
- Comfortable with eyewear – With foam indentations for temple relief
- Retractable Boom Mic – Stows completely in ear cup
- Comes with headset stand & audio hub base station
- Dimensions of headset: 196mm(W) * 214mm(H) * 104.8mm(D)
- Approximate Weight of headset: 408g / 0.89lbs
- Radio Frequency: 2.4 GHz
- Dolby Headphone technology
- Wireless Range: 40 ft. / 12 m
- Frequency Response: 12 - 28,000 Hz
- Impedance: 32O at 1 kHz
- Sensitivity (@1 kHz, 1 V/Pa): 105 dB +/- 2 dB
- Drivers: 50 mm, with neodymium magnets
- Estimated Battery Life: 16 hours
- Charging Time: 4 Hours
- Frequency Response: 100 - 10,000 Hz
- Sensitivity (@1kHz, 1V/Pa): -42 ± 2dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >55 dB
- Boom Mic Design: Uni-directional
John Keefer posted a new article, Razer Launches New Thresher Gaming Headset for PS4 and Xbox One
Needs more info on base station inputs. It's going to have to be spectacular to beat the battery life and diverse inputs of the top end Steelseries wireless set.
Okay, their site only mentions optical in but I guess that's all you need https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-thresher-ultimate-for-playstation-4
I'm getting a trademark lawyer.