46,623 chatty comments by "twifosp"
- Posted May 07, 2010 2:34pm PDT Thanks man! I may overclock and I hate loud computers so ii might consider some kind of liquid cooling.
- Posted May 07, 2010 2:19pm PDT When does the grapevine suspect that will be released?
- Posted May 07, 2010 2:11pm PDT Ok, so if you were going to build a barebones system right now: Case + PSU, motherboard, CPU, ram and cooling What would it be?
- Posted May 07, 2010 2:09pm PDT Interesting. I'm not worried about <100 difference between the 980 and say an i7 920. Especially when it sounds like the 920 has more OC...
- Posted May 07, 2010 2:03pm PDT So why not the 920? That seems to be the overclocking king of the bunch
- Posted May 07, 2010 12:42pm PDT i5 is dual core, yea?
- Posted May 07, 2010 12:42pm PDT How much price difference are we talking about? I often see people throwing around best bang for your buck and the differnce only ends up being...
- Posted May 07, 2010 12:29pm PDT Mostly. Bit of audio and video encoding and other multimedia. I definitely want 4 cores
- Posted May 07, 2010 12:16pm PDT I'm guessing you can't get that online?
- Posted May 07, 2010 12:15pm PDT Feel free to steer me out in the right direction in the subthread below!
- Posted May 07, 2010 12:07pm PDT I don't see on in Austin.... we have Fry's here for the big hardware type places.
- Posted May 07, 2010 12:03pm PDT I don't think they have those in Texas, no.
- Posted May 07, 2010 11:57am PDT Thanks for the heads up. That doesn't sound like enough to put the OS plus steam games on. Or is it even worth putting games on the SSD?
- Posted May 07, 2010 11:54am PDT Hmm, thanks. Anyone have a good recommendation on a I7 quadcore / motherboard combination. I want to spend about $1000 on: New Case PSU...
- Posted May 07, 2010 11:41am PDT Slight hijack: So is now a good time to spring for a new system or is there some kind of new whizbang cpu architecture around the corner?