46,541 chatty comments by "twifosp"
- Posted Sep 01, 2010 1:36pm PDT Well don't think then. Do the math instead. The tax revenue per capita is $8,528.22 The debt is $30,400 per capita. To knock down the...
- Posted Sep 01, 2010 1:24pm PDT Got 30,400 to spare to give the government? On top of the taxes you already pay?
- Posted Sep 01, 2010 1:19pm PDT The national debt is $30,400 per person. I don't know about you, but I don't really want to give the government $30,400 unless it's over the the...
- Posted Sep 01, 2010 1:06pm PDT ??? You want to government to turn a profit?
- Posted Sep 01, 2010 12:59pm PDT The root of this sub thread was about taxing CEOs to pay out more unemployment
- Posted Sep 01, 2010 12:55pm PDT You are right I meant point of sales tax not vAt
- Posted Sep 01, 2010 12:53pm PDT Why not just spend less?
- Posted Sep 01, 2010 12:46pm PDT I was talking about the unemployment system. Not the whole tax system.
- Posted Sep 01, 2010 12:45pm PDT A fair tax addresses that. No income tax in favor of a vat tax on everything. So the 350k guys are taxed on all one million as they spend it.
- Posted Sep 01, 2010 12:42pm PDT Same reason it's Americas fault for electing GWB to a second term.
- Posted Sep 01, 2010 12:40pm PDT What good is the extra tax revenue without a boost to policies that encourage Job growth? Just to punish the bad rich men?
- Posted Sep 01, 2010 12:33pm PDT We can both agree that 7 figure parachute are often a bad business decision. But what right do you have to interfere with that?
- Posted Sep 01, 2010 12:31pm PDT Do honestly think that companies will get rid off enough if their workforce they can no longer sustain their business? And if that were to happen...
- Posted Sep 01, 2010 12:22pm PDT In that case what is wrong with the current system?
- Posted Sep 01, 2010 12:18pm PDT How will those people stay rich if no one can afford to buy anything exactly?