81,879 chatty comments by "dirge23"
- Posted Jan 24, 2008 4:25am PST Hah. This sums up my feelings about Linux perfectly.
- Posted Jan 23, 2008 8:37pm PST The similarity is probably what brought this one to mind.
- Posted Jan 23, 2008 8:36pm PST http://www.tate.org.uk/britain/exhibitions/eastwest/images/lucretia-borgia-vatican.jpg Wish I could find a higher-res version of this.
- Posted Jan 23, 2008 8:28pm PST http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/39/Leonardo_da_Vinci_025.jpg
- Posted Jan 23, 2008 8:24pm PST I like this one: http://www.cgmarshall.com/images/Photos/Cupid_and_Psyche.JPG
- Posted Jan 23, 2008 8:24pm PST Agreed. Definitely a contender for my favorite work of art.
- Posted Jan 23, 2008 8:22pm PST That's pretty amazing.
- Posted Jan 23, 2008 8:21pm PST http://artlung.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/millais-ophelia.jpg is similar and a great painting, but it's not at the Louvre. Dunno which you...
- Posted Jan 23, 2008 8:16pm PST Wyeth is generally pretty good, but he's great at capturing moments like this.
- Posted Jan 23, 2008 8:14pm PST http://www.abcgallery.com/M/magritte/magritte51.JPG
- Posted Jan 23, 2008 8:11pm PST http://www.angelo.edu/faculty/rprestia/1301/images/IN539b%20A%20A%20Wyeth%20wind_from_the_sea%20%201948.jpg
- Posted Jan 23, 2008 8:08pm PST http://www.artchive.com/artchive/m/miro/dog_bark.jpg
- Posted Jan 23, 2008 8:03pm PST where we're going, you won't need eyes to see
- Posted Jan 23, 2008 8:01pm PST I love this one: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f0/Hans_Holbein_d._J._065.jpg Sir Thomas More. I saw this one in person at the...
- Posted Jan 23, 2008 7:58pm PST That's the genius of it, imo. It's participatory.