20,761 chatty comments by "Caboose"
- Posted Mar 25, 2002 11:42am PST Yeah. I'm not sure how big to make the OS partition. I have a 40-gig Seagate, and I'm gonna dual-boot Linux off of a 15-gig IBM disk once XP has...
- Posted Mar 25, 2002 11:35am PST wow, this is one of the most artless trolls I've ever seen.
- Posted Mar 25, 2002 11:34am PST because I want to make a backup of the OS partition NOW, before I start mucking about with dual boot.
- Posted Mar 25, 2002 11:21am PST damn, I only recognize half of those. You must be l33t or something. ;)
- Posted Mar 25, 2002 10:58am PST Might and Mettle.
- Posted Mar 25, 2002 10:57am PST Uh... I'm installing programs and I have this urge to reboot after each one. Good idea, or is that reflex not necessary with XP?
- Posted Mar 25, 2002 10:53am PST Whew... made the jump to XP. I want to get all the basic proggies and files in place, then image the drive for a backup - or can you not image NTFS...
- Posted Mar 24, 2002 12:41am PST Difference between a VIA 686A and 686B Southbridge? Can I tell from visual inspection/serial numbers?
- Posted Mar 24, 2002 12:09am PST Follow-up: "Value select" is a lower grade of memory, and that's why it's cheaper, right?
- Posted Mar 24, 2002 12:02am PST correct - "Duke Nukem Forever" is a clever pun on "Duke Nukem Four".
- Posted Mar 23, 2002 11:59pm PST thank you gentlemen. My decision to un-hostfile the Shack has already proved to be worth it's weight in GOLD!!
- Posted Mar 23, 2002 11:58pm PST corresponds to the number of trailing zeroes on the hourly billing rate.
- Posted Mar 23, 2002 11:57pm PST X
- Posted Mar 23, 2002 11:57pm PST PC133 SDRAM. Trustworthy brand and vendor?
- Posted Mar 20, 2002 3:07pm PST Why separate DVD reading and CD writing drives? I'm not really planning to use either function that much, but I'm tired of having to go to a...