by John Keefer, May 06, 2013 8:00am PDT
by Alice O'Connor, Jul 05, 2012 7:30am PDT
Star Wars: Battlefront III was "pretty much done" when LucasArts cancelled the multiplayer Star War 'em up, developer Free Radical has said. Almost a whole hour of snazzy new footage from a leaked alpha build shows just how far along it was, though fans should be warned it may hurt to see it so close yet so far.
Watch: »
by Garnett Lee, May 04, 2012 4:00pm PDT
The announcement of the Elder Scrolls Online met with mixed response. Today we get to see a cinematic trailer for it and learn a few of its secrets from the upcoming article in Game Informer. From there we turn to mobile sensation Draw Something, which has dramatically cooled since being bought be Zynga for $210 million and has now added branded words to its library. And on this celebration of Star Wars Day we look at the fate that befell Star Wars Battlefield 3 and its developer Free Radical from the excellent interview with one of the studio's founders over on Eurogamer.
Check out today's episode of Shacknews Daily.
Watch: Shacknews Daily: May 4, 2012 »
by Steve Watts, Apr 26, 2012 9:45am PDT
by Nick Breckon, Jan 16, 2009 3:45pm PST
The technology used in yesterday's leaked alpha footage of Star Wars: Battlefront III will die with the end of developer Free Radical's involvement in the project, according to a new report by Spong.
A former Free Radical employee supposedly told Spong: "It's my understanding that the game's been passed to a new developer, but the tech that allowed you to fly from the ground, to air, to orbit, to space dies with Free Radical's involvement." Read more »
by Nick Breckon, Jan 15, 2009 11:43am PST
Here's some leaked shaky-cam alpha footage of Free Radical's Star Wars: Battlefront 3, a game that is now rumored to be in the hands of developer Rebellion following Free Radical's near-closure.
It's tough to make out at times, but even on a tiny screen, it is clear that Free Radical was aiming for an impressive scale with the team-based multiplayer sequel.
Read more »
by Chris Faylor, Dec 29, 2008 4:10pm PST
It's a fairly safe bet to say that Haze and TimeSplitters developer Free Radical was definitely working on Star Wars: Battlefront III before firing most of its staff, as ex-artist Richard Smith has posted a few models from the project as examples of his work.
And while the models have since been yanked from Smith's official site, fansite SWBF3.de was able to archive and republish the images, which include in-game models of Han Solo and various other characters, all apparently from 2007. Read more »
by Chris Faylor, Jul 09, 2008 8:27am PDT
Listings for the rumored third entry in the battlefield-focused Star Wars Battlefront briefly appeared at retailer Amazon.com yesterday, and were promptly removed after garnering media attention.
The pages specified PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, Nintendo DS and PSP versions of the title, all tentatively slated for release in March 2009. Read more »
"i'm surprised they even started work on a battlefront 3. didn't 2 have lackluster sales?"
- RikiTiki2 See all 5 comments