Ninja Gaiden - Sigma 2 PS3 : Mini review comparison to the 360 version
* Note if you own a PS3 only do NOT read below just go pre order the game it is a freeking awesome game you cannot go wrong especially if you like Sigma 1 *
PS3 owners (exclusive do not read) Right, its finally here time to check it out, man there where allot of games to try last night. I have been waiting to do the taste test for quite some time now for I love the series and Sigma 1 was near perfect on the PS3.
I have done a side by side comparison with the NG2 Xbox 360 and Sigma 2 on my PS3 slim. What I noticed in differences etc (compared the demo lvl to the 360 final version:
- The blood does not spray on walls - PS3
- You only get small puddles of blood on the ground - PS3
- You can cut of limbs etc but those items do not stay on the ground they disappear - PS3
- The main blood effects and sprays of blood on objects are results of the dismemberment on the 360. The blood effect are really well done on the 360 like kill bill or something and trying both really showed how detailed and awesome the 360 version is, why oh why did you replace that with blue purple glob soul effect?????
- The game is Native 1080p, great, but I did a side by side comparison and you do not get more viewage in the PS3 version wtf? So I have come to the conclusion that either the 360 version is 1080p as well (I run all 360 games in 1080p) or they just upscaned the PS3 sigma 2 to 1080p. This is very weird and was gona be a reason for me to get the ps3 version alone and toss my 360 version.
- The colors and lighting are better on the 360
- You have the same normal mapping and shadder effects on both
- The sound is better on the 360 WTF usually the 7.1 on the PS3 is louder and better. Make sure in the 360 you set sound to 5.1 and not stereo it make a massive difference (I had it on stereo before)
- There is no added items in the lvl aka placeables they are the same.
- Controls are the same
- The rumble effect is about 7x stronger with the 360 version you really feel it, its very suttle on the PS3 (I have the slim version that came with the rumble controller)
Well I am not too sure what to say I am sort of pissed off and disappointed yet I sorta knew it, just not to this degree. I know the big plug is co op and new characters which for sure is cool and hard to resist. But the blood thing and no graphical and sound advantage etc really make me want to stroke my 360 version and baby it.
I never thought the blood effects would be such a deal breaker. Also hey Sony maybe make your demo feature the new characters or co op otherwise if you have the 360 version there really is no hope when you try the demo.
Last but not least if you just have a PS3 like I said above go pre order the game just never try the 360 version. If you own both systems I would have a real hard time to toss my 360 version and am real torn on owning both. I will rent Sigma 2 for sure to check out the other characters but this will not be a instant purchase :).
Anyone know if there is any region that will be selling an un cut version of Sigma 2 please, please post a link, thanks.