Rainbow Six Siege is putting out a call for more operators to play the team based tactical shooter. If you haven't given the game a try, maybe a free weekend will get you interested enough to partake of the sale on the full game later. Of course the timing also coincides with the impending launch of Season 2 for the game next week. The free weekend begins today on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4, but each platform will have a slight variation in times:
- Xbox One started first at 3:01 a.m. ET / 12:01 a.m. PT this morning and will continue until 2:59 a.m. ET February 6 / 11:59 p.m. Febriuary 5.
- PC starts today at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT and runs through February 5 at 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT
- PS4 also starts at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT, but will end a day later on February 6 at 1 p.m. ET / 10 a.m. PT
If you are playing on console, you must be a PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold member. On PC, you must have a Uplay account.
In addition, here are the PC requirements (minimum and recommended require 64-bit Windows 7, 8.1 or 10 OS, DirectX 11, a Direct X compatible sound card, and a broadband connection of 512kbps for multiplayer):
- Processor: Intel Core i3 560 @ 3.3 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 2.6 GHz
- Memory: 6 GB
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon HD5770 (1024MB VRAM)
- Hard Drive Space: 30 GB available space
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 3.3 GHz or AMD FX-8120 @ 2.6 GHz
- Memory: 8GB
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 670 or AMD Radeon HD7970 / R9 280X or better (2048MB VRAM)
- Hard Drive Space: 47 GB available space
- Xbox One / 360 Official Controller for PC
- PS4 Controller
- Any controller compatible with X-Input.
Supported video cards at time of release:
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 or better, 500, 600, 700, 900, Titan series.
- AMD Radeon HD5770 or better, Radeon HD6000, HD7000, R7, R9 series
After the free weekend, Ubisoft is offering the full game at a 50% discount for an unspecified "limited" time. Rainbow Six Siege kicks off Season 2 on Febraury 7 with Operation Velvet Shell featuring new two Spanish Operators, and a new Coastline map.