As promised, Arkane Studios has released the first free update for Dishonored 2, adding the Game Plus mode, as well as some gameplay tweaks. If that isn't enough good news, free update 2 will be coming next month adding even more features that will allow players to "play their own way" as Emily Kaldwin or Corvo Attano.
Next month's update will add Mission Select and Custom Difficulty settings, according to an updated post announcing the release of Update 1. Mission Select seems to infer that players will be able to go through a choose missions they want to play through instead of using the story progression, while the Custom Difficulty is described as a feature that "allows you to further tailor Dishonored 2 to your playstyle and adjust the challenge based on a wide array of settings." No officlal details are out yet, but they will be coming soon.
If you missed the news on the Game-Plus mode, the new feature allows players to play through the game again (once completed), but this time with all discovered bone charms available, and all runes found reimbursed for the player to choose powers again. Even better, all The Outsider's "gifts" will be available, meaning Emily can choose from Corvo's powers and vice versa.
Here are the patch notes, which apply to the PC, Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game:
- New Game Plus mode!
- New Quick-Access Wheel option for hiding/unhiding items
- Fixed Oraculum false-kill count in Royal Conservatory
- AI detection tweaks to clarify when players are detected or not
- AI locomotion improvement for running
- Fixed various Bonecharm effects (Strong Arm, Spiritual Pool, etc)
- Fixed a problem in slow-motion where some inputs were ignored
- Blood Thirst: various enhancement and fixes
- Killing an NPC with their own bullet is now more reliable
- Tweak for mana potion refill speed, depending on difficulty
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Fixed various game logic issues
- Fixed various User Interface issues