As we previously reported, the Steam Autumn sale has started today to ring in the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday.
The Steam Autumn sale has discounted many games across its catalog, which will give Steam users more than enough to play during the upcoming Holiday season. While many of its customers will scour the Steam Store for the absolute best deals, Valve has decided to launch its own awards program, which it calls Steam Awards.
The Steam Awards will be accepting and considering nominees from the Steam Community as they suggest any game from Steam’s library for consideration. Steam users will be able to earn badges for nominating games, playing games that have been nominated, and writing or updating reviews for games nominated.
Unlike the majority of game awards programs, Valve won’t be requiring only games released in 2016 to be candidates. By doing this, Valve allows its entire catalog of games to be considered for nomination, so long as they fit under the following categories:
- The “Test of Time” Award
- The “I’m Not Crying, There’s Something In My Eye” Award
- The “Just 5 More Minutes” Award
- The “Whoooaaaaaaa, dude!” Award
- The “Villain Most In Need Of A Hug” Award
- The “Game Within A Game” Award
- The “I Thought This Game Was Cool Before It Won An Award” Award
- The “Best Use Of A Farm Animal” Award
- The “We Didn’t Think of Everything” Award
The Steam Autumn Sale runs from now until November 29 at 10am PT / 1pm ET. While Valve doesn’t say when its Steam Awards nominations will end, we’re sure it’ll run alongside the sale.