The Skyrim Special Edition patch 1.1 is now available on all platforms after a short period in beta for PC users on Steam. However, while the patch fixes several issues, including an audio compression problem, fans are reporting more issues after installing the patch.
First things first, here's the short list of fixes:
- General performance and optimization improvements
- Fixed rare issue with NPCs not appearing in proper locations
- Fixed an issue with interface elements not appearing correctly on certain displays (Xbox One and PS4)
- Fixed issue with saves erroneously being marked as Modded, even though no mods are active
- Updated some sound files to not use compression
Since the patch was released, though, the Steam forums for the patch have more than 50 pages of comments, with many complaining about additional crashes, borked shaders and dark screens and a variety of other problems. While these could be a vocal minority, it will be interesting to see if another patch follows quickly on the heels of this one.