Agent 47 is heading to Colorado today as Square Enix has released Episode 5 for the assassination game.
The new episode adds in the following content:
- New Freedom Fighters story mission
- 6 new Opportunities for “Freedom Fighters"
- 20 levels of Colorado Mastery, with the following unlocks:
- 8 new Colorado 'Starting Locations'
- 9 new Colorado 'Agency Pickup Locations'
- 6 new weapon/gear unlocks
- New Tactical Gear suit
- More than 70 Colorado-specific challenges
- 7 new trophies/achievements
- New 'The Sarajevo Six' Contract. Target 5: The Mercenary. (PlayStation 4 Exclusive)
- Live Content: New Escalation Contracts, Elusive Targets and New Featured Contracts (Contracts Mode)
In addition, there were some improvements made:
- Contracts Mode - Search:
- You can now search all Contracts using free-text entry for the title and description of a Contract. The checkmark icon will be shown to indicate which Contracts have already been completed.
- The 'Contracts Search' option in the game menu has replaced the 'Latest Contracts' option.
- Contracts Mode - Kill Conditions: Kill Conditions have been added to Contracts Mode and can be used by the creator to create more specific Contracts. There are 16 different kill types and 7 different accident kill types that are recognised by the game. When setting a kill condition, the Contract creator has the ability to enforce the kill methods 'Melee' and 'Thrown Weapon' in combination with a specific item, based on how they played when they created the Contract. This will require that the target is killed with the same item and method that the creator used. The selected kill conditions are part of the overall score objective bonus, and function as optional secondary objectives. Failing to complete any secondary objectives has a massive impact on your score and time bonus. Images have also been added that represent each Kill Condition. These can be viewed in the 'Detailed Target View'.
- Dropping a target into a lake/sea will be classed as "Accident (Fall)".- The condition "Accident (Drown)" can only be accomplished by drowning a target in the toilet.
- "Elimination" and "Pistol" are two separate kill conditions. "Elimination" can be achieved when behind an NPC with a pistol equipped.
- Contracts Mode - Tags: You can now choose a number of "tags" when searching for Contracts. This will allow you to find Contracts that match specific requirements. These tags cover missions, amount of targets (up to 5) and kill conditions. This will allow players to quickly find Contracts according to their preference. Search results will show the Contracts in order of relevance and show which tags are matched in each Contract.
- Contracts Mode - 'Friends' Filter: You can now filter Contracts to only show those created by your friends.
- Friends Leaderboards: After completing any Contract (Story Mission, Escalation Contract, Elusive Target, Contracts Mode), you can now compare yourself directly with only your friends, as well as the existing ‘global’ option.
- Elusive Target Countdown: The Featured Hub will now show a countdown for when the next Elusive Target will be available.
- Instant Challenge Award: Challenges that require other challenges to be complete will now be awarded during gameplay. Previously, completing the final step of a multi-challenge challenge (e.g. Master Assassin) would award the challenge after the contract was completed.
- UI Performance Improvements: Various improvements to the in-game UI have been implemented to improve overall game performance.
- Adjustments to the Krugermeier 2-2 Pistol: Increased the number of rounds in each magazine from 5 to 10; Udated the weapon description to be more accurate and consistent.
- Adjustments to the Jaeger 7 Lancer: We have fixed a bug with the Jaeger 7 Lancer Sniper Rifle (Sapienza Mastery Level 20 unlock) that in some cases allowed the bullets to pass through level geometry.
- Leaderboards Reset: The leaderboards for all Story missions, Escalation Contracts and Featured Contracts will be reset. A contributing factor to this reset was the adjustments to the Jaeger 7 Lancer, because some players have been able to achieve higher scores by killing NPC’s through level geometry.
- Episode 5 - Misc. Improvements
- Simplified the in-game text for downloading new content. "Get access" is now displayed for all content that is not installed. A pop-up message will inform you what content you need to (re)download or purchase to get access.
- The 'Game Status Indicator' (aka the small bar that says "Loading" or "Saving etc.) has been unified in terms of placement and design.
- Challenges and Mastery are now only shown for a destination if you own the relevant episode / content.
- The required Mastery Level to unlock a Starting Location or Pickup Location is now shown on the relevant tiles on the Loadout page.
- The Challenge page has been updated so that Challenge Packs are now shown under the relevant destination, rather than having their own category. Elusive Targets still have their own category.
- Updated the Menu UI to be more consistent with colours (red/black and white) when showing what content has been completed.
- The outline of a selected menu item will now 'pulse' to make it easier to see what is selected.
- When browsing the Mastery Level unlocks, the Weapon Perks icons will now be displayed.
- The "Replan Mission" option when playing an Elusive Target has been updated with an accurate description.
- Sarajevo 6 missions will now display a spoiler warning if the previous missions have not been completed (PlayStation 4 only)
- Item and Weapon information in the Loadout and Career pages now use the detailed view, showing all perks and descriptions.
- Images of 47's selected suit in the Loadout and Career pages now use a portrait tile, to show more of the suit (and gloves!)
And while we are at it, here are the fixes:
- Fixed an issue where a mission would sometimes not load after restarting.
- The Elusive Target clock now always references the game's server time to avoid conflicts with incorrect system clocks.
- Improved error-handling and detection of server disconnects to make for a smoother experience overall.
- Fixed a rare issue that would require some players to restart the game to recognise newly installed content.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the score calculation from being shown at the end of a mission.
- Fixed an issue in the "Club 27" mission where 47 could not re-open the doors to rooms 203 and 204.
- Fixed an issue where NPCs would react to running footsteps, while trespassing.
- Rewrote the Game Launcher into native code to improve compatibility and stability. As a result, HITMAN no longer needs the .NET framework.
- Fixed an issue with missing runtime DLLs from the Visual Studio 2015 redistributable.
- Fixed an issue that would lock the game's refresh rate, even though the monitor is capable of more.
- Fixed an issue where disconnecting headphones during a cutscene could result in it pausing.
- The default graphics settings within the game are now determined by the monitor resolution and hardware properties.
Episode 5 - Known Issues
- Inconsistent objectives behaviour on “The Audition” opportunity in Colorado, depending on player actions.
- After taking a 2-handed weapon from an Agency Pickup, the weapon may be lost when swapped with a dropped weapon from another NPC.
- Some small bushes are missing collision and may cause 47 to get stuck.