Destiny players got their hands on the new 2.4.0 update yesterday, which tweaks weapons and other elements of the game in preparation for the Rise of Iron expansion coming on September 20. But apparently Bungie wants to give players an early taste of the Exotic life.
In a tweet to the masses, the developer revealed that the new Trespasser Exotic sidearm was now in the game. Players need to use their special exotic engrams to unlock it. Some got lucky, getting it after two tries, while other spent a lot more and weren't as fortunate.
Apparently other items are dropping in game with Light Levels of higher than 335. Max Light Level increases to 338 with the expansion, and players have been posting images of the items they have received. It seems they can be equipped, but not necessarily used to full potential until Rise of Iron hits.
Bungie also released a list of trophies/achievements that will be available in the expansion as well:
- Mountain Climber: Complete the "King of the Mountain" mission.
- The Young Wolf: Complete the "Rise of Iron" quest.
- Student of History: Activate all Iron Lord Artifacts.
- Sing the Iron Song: Classified.
- Supremacy: Complete the "Glory and the Taking of It" quest.
- Eye for an Eye: Complete the "Kovik's Sin" quest.
- Forging Ahead: Complete an encounter in the Archon's Forge.
- Spliced: Complete the "Wrath of the Machine" Raid.
- Splicer God: Complete the "Wrath of the Machine" Raid on heroic difficulty.
Finally, here's a list of known issues for the 2.4.0 update:
- Clan Rosters are currently offline. Players will see the new “Clan” column on the Roster page, but no clan members will appear. Additionally, Clan tags will not be available while this feature is offline.
- Players are currently unable to retrieve the MIDA Multitool, Patience and Time, or Dragon’s Breath Exotic Weapons from the Exotic Weapon Collection.
- The “Quest Tracking” feature is not currently functioning for Crucible Quests, or any Quest Steps that involve activities on Earth or Mars.
- When players attempt to inspect Faction Reputation Packages from either Eris Morn or Petra Venj, there will be no items displayed within the preview screen. Players will continue to receive rewards from these packages once collected.
- The “Iron Shell” Ghost Shell is currently appearing with the wrong color scheme. While the Ghost Shell appears Green on the item Icon, it appears as the default Ghost color in-game and in preview screens.
Bungie said that Rise of Iron will launch at 5 a.m. ET / 2 a.m. PT on September 20.