As Universal Pictures prepares to get even faster and more furious with a certain car-centric movie franchise, Microsoft is looking to quench players' thirst for high-speed insanity. So the two entities have come together for an all-new Forza Horizon 2 expansion that plans to appeal to every motorhead called Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious.
As one might imagine, the new expansion ties into the upcoming Furious 7 by introducing iconic vehicles from the beloved film series. This includes vehicles from the newest installment, which is set to hit theatres on April 3. Players will be able to race across an entirely new open world with its own set of missions, diversions, and cars. Among the vehicles available will be:
- 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Fast & Furious Edition
- 2012 Nissan GT-R Fast & Furious Edition
- 1998 Toyota Supra Fast & Furious Edition
- 2014 Maserati Ghibli S Fast & Furious Edition
- 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Fast & Furious Edition
- 2015 Dodge Charger R/T Fast & Furious Edition
- 1970 Plymouth Cuda Fast & Furious Edition
- 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Fast & Furious Edition
The best part is that this expansion will be completely standalone, meaning players will not need Forza Horizon 2 to run it. Furthermore, the whole thing is free for the first two weeks that it releases. Simply download it before April 10 to gain access to it with no further restrictions. After April 10, the price goes up to $10.
It should also be noted that this will be the first post-release Forza Horizon 2 content to hit Xbox 360, as Microsoft had previously expressed that this version would not receive any sort of DLC packages. Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious will arrive on both Xbox One and Xbox 360 on March 27.