There's nothing quite like hitting the open road, a feeling that Forza Horizon 2 has capably captured. But what happens when weather conditions start to turn ugly?
Forza Horizon 2 is about to make conditions a little rocky with the new Storm Island expansion. The new content will add treacherous terrain, as well as severe weather conditions. Over 90 new events will be added, along with five new event types:
- Rampage - Point-to-point off-road sprints filled with obstacles.
- Brawl - Off-road circuit races filled with extreme terrain.
- Extreme Cross Country - Cross Country races, but with the added wrinkle of Storm Island's severe weather and terrain.
- Cross Country Circuit - Multi-lap Cross Country races.
- Gauntlet - Point-to-point races held only at night during the worst of storms. There are few signs available, so staying on course is an extra challenge.
Other additions include a new Car Meet, Bucket List challenges, speed trap/speed zone leaderboards, and Rivals events. Also, five new cars will be available. They consist of the following:
- 2013 Robby Gordon #7 Speed Energy Drink Stadium Super Truck
- 2013 MINI X-Raid All4 Racing Countryman
- 2014 Ford Ranger T6 Rally Raid
- 1981 Ford Fiesta XR2
- 1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
The Storm Islands expansion is available now to all Forza Horizon 2 owners on Xbox One. The add-on is running for $20, but VIP members can get it for half-price.