GDC hosted the Game Developers Choice Awards last night, awarding top honors to The Last of Us. It also took home Best Design and Best Narrative awards. A couple of other games won multiple awards: BioShock Infinite for Best Audio and Best Visual Art, and Papers, Please for Innovation and Best Downloadable Game.
Other honorees include Gone Home (Best Debut), The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Best Handheld), Grand Theft Auto 5 (Best Technology), and Kerbal Space Program (Audience Choice). "Father of the PlayStation" Ken Kutaragi received his Lifetime Achievement award, and media critic Anita Sarkeesian received an Ambassador Award for her "Feminist Frequency" video series.
Check out the full list of award winners below.
- Best Downloadable Game: Papers, Please
- Best Narrative: The Last of Us
- Best Visual Art: BioShock Infinite
- Ambassador Award: Anita Sarkeesian
- Best Technology: Grand Theft Auto V
- Best Game Design: The Last of Us
- Best Handheld/Mobile Game: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- Best Audio: BioShock Infinite
- Pioneer Award: Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill of Riot Games
- Best Debut: The Fullbright Company
- Innovation Award: Papers, Please
- Audience Choice Award: Kerbal Space Program
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Ken Kutaragi
- Game of the Year: The Last of Us