Microsoft has released a manual controller update guide for Xbox One users who have purchased the Stereo Headset Adapter. The adapter lets players use their own chat headset, and will release for $24.99 in time for the release of Titanfall next week.
The guide, as reported by GameSpot, consists of seven steps. None of them appear too taxing, though the process might be tedious for the average consumer. The manual steps hit alongside the March update.
- Make sure your console is on and you’re signed in and connected to Xbox Live. (It’s important to connect to Xbox Live because your console will need the latest system update, which contains the newest controller software. If you’ve connected recently, your Xbox One is probably already up to date, but you should connect anyway just to be sure. If your console needs an update, you’ll be prompted to install one.)
- Plug the Stereo Headset Adapter into the bottom of your controller.
- Plug in a headset (a headset must be plugged in so the adapter will turn on).
- Plug the big end of the included USB cable into the port on the side of the console.
- Instructions to install the update should automatically be displayed. Follow the instructions, and don’t disconnect the USB cable while the update is in progress. (The process can take up to 3 minutes.)
- When the update is complete, unplug the USB cable. If you have additional controllers to update, you can connect them now, one at a time, select the Update another button on the screen, and then follow the steps.
- Press the Xbox button on the wireless controller to turn it on. Your controller is now up-to-date, and you’re ready to use your Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter.