Sony Online Entertainment has been doing some housecleaning and reorganizing for PlanetSide 2 and has updated its developer roadmap for the game's next six months. The developers have outlined a tentative schedule of updates for the next six months of the game's life cycle, including a tentative May release for the long-awaited Hossin continent.
The updated developer roadmap currently looks like this, with several milestones tentative:
- January - performance improvements, Player Studio updates, spawn changes for both players and vehicles
- February - mission system update, Infiltrator class update, voiceover packs, camo bundles, death screen update
- March - outfit recruiting, outfit base capture refinement, Liberator class refresh, additional melee weapon customization, Player Studio attachments for the Harasser weapon
- April - Combat Medic class update, Directives (introducing session-to-session goals), integrated tutorials, new alert types, outfit leaderboards
- May - Hossin continent, continent locking, Sunderer vehicle update, Light Assault class revamp
- June - resource system revamp, new alert type
The updates will roll out over the course of PS2's recently-announced weekly updates.
One item that's currently not mapped out is the game's upcoming PlayStation 4 version, as SOE continues to keep developments related to the console version close to their chest.