Yes, it's that time of year again. If recent episodes of South Park haven't convinced you that stepping into a retail store this Friday is a fool's errand, you're probably all excited to fight for the best deals. The launch of two new consoles means some nice bargains on the older ones, along with games on the cheap.
Since we want you to have a shot at the sales, we've compiled some of the best ones. Keep in mind that some retailers like Amazon are offering limited time deals throughout the week. If you're a truly dedicated shopper, you'll want to keep a close eye on a resource like CheapAssGamer to keep track, and set an alarm to hop online and shop when the time comes.
- Sony has rolled out a new PlayStation 3 250GB Bundle complete with The Last of Us and Batman: Arkham Origins for $199. It's available at a variety of retailers.
- If you're in the market for a cheap PS Vita, you have a few options. Best Buy will have every model available for $170. GameStop, Target, Toys R Us, and Walmart will all be selling their available models for $180.
- Microsoft's Xbox 360 250GB Bundle this year includes Tomb Raider and Halo 4. It's being sold for its MSRP of $200 at most retailers, but others are actually selling it for cheaper: Amazon for $190, and GoHastings for $150.
- Deals on Nintendo's Wii U are few and far between this year, but a few retailers are throwing in small bonuses. The official bundle includes New Super Mario Bros U and the Super Luigi U DLC for $299.99. On top of that, Kmart is offering $20 back in store points, and Toys R Us is throwing in any game under $20. For $319.97, you can get the bundle plus a Mario or Luigi Wii Remote at Best Buy.
- If a Nintendo 3DS is more your fashion, you have lots of options this year. The Zelda 3DS XL Bundle is the still cheapest way to get your hands on both a new 3DS XL and that game, at $219.99. A non-XL is being bundled with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon for $169.99 too. But if you want to take advantage of retailer-exclusive deals, Target is offering a 3DS XL for $149.99 on Black Friday, and Walmart is offering the new 2DS for $99.96 on Thanksgiving day. Meijer is granting $30 off your next purchase with the Luigi bundle, and H-E-B is selling it for $129.
Point Card Deals
- The best deal in games has gotten even better. A one year PlayStation Plus membership will be available for $30 at select retailers on Black Friday only. It includes access to the Instant Game Collection and should not be missed if you own a PS3, PS4 and/or Vita.
- Various Xbox One and PlayStation 4 games - $49 (Walmart)
- Animal Crossing New Leaf - $25 (Walmart)
- Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag - $34 (Walmart), $34.99 (Best Buy)
- Batman: Arkham Origins - $29.99 (Best Buy), $34 (Walmart)
- Battlefield 4 - $24.99 (GameStop)
- BioShock Infinite - $19.99 (GameStop, GoHastings)
- Call of Duty Ghosts - $39 (H-E-B), $39.96 (GameStop)
- Disney Infinity Starter Set - $37.98 (Sam's Club)
- Diablo 3 - $30 (Meijer)
- Dishonored GOTY - $24.99 (GoHastings)
- Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - $29.99 (Kmart)
- Grand Theft Auto 5 - $39.99 (Sears)
- Killzone: Mercenary - $19.99 (GameStop)
- Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix - $19.99 (GameStop)
- Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance - $20 (Meijer)
- Last of Us - $25 (Walmart), $30 (Meijer)
- Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - $29.99 (Kmart)
- Lego Marvel 3DS - $29.99 (Kmart)
- Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - $14.99 (GameStop)
- Paper Mario Sticker Star - $15 (Walmart)
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity - $25 (Walmart)
- Pokemon X - $25 (H-E-B), 29.99 (Sears)
- Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus - $19.99 (Kmart)
- Rayman Legends - $24.99 (GameStop)
- Skylanders Swap Force Starter Set - $37.98 (Sam's Club)
- Super Mario 3D Land - $25 (Walmart)
- Tomb Raider - $14.99 (Best Buy), $15 (Walmart)
- Zombi U - $9.99 (GameStop)