Last week, Nintendo announced that Virtual Console functionality was coming to Wii U. To mark the event, Nintendo is releasing seven games for 30 cents apiece, at a rate of one per month.
- Balloon Fight (NES): Wed, 1/23 to Thu, 2/21
- F-Zero (SNES): Wed, 2/20 to Thu, 3/21
- Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream (NES): Wed, 3/20 to Thu, 4/18
- Kirby's Adventure (NES): Wed, 4/17 to Thu, 5/16
- Super Metroid (SNES): Wed, 5/15 to Thu, 6/13
- Yoshi (NES): Wed, 6/12 to Thu, 7/11
- Donkey Kong (NES): Mon, 7/15 to Tue, 8/13
The Virtual Console functionality is slated to launch sometime in the spring. The Wii U will let you play VC games on the GamePad itself, and interact with Miiverse communities. If you already own a VC game on the Wii, you'll be able to upgrade to the Wii U version for a discounted price of $1 for NES games, or $1.50 for SNES games.