Another day, another Late Night Computing. End December 6, 2012 the proper way.
Strike another title from my pile of shame as I completed Assassin's Creed Brotherhood earlier today. Great game overall, though it did have its flaws. I won't whine about them. OK, just one since you asked. The ending. There, read into that what you will. My copy of Far Cry 3 is lost in the world of holiday delivery, and somehow I need to decide if I want to wait for it to get here (hopefully by early next week) or move onto Assassin's Creed Revelations. I know, I know. What a quandary. One packing such dire consequences.
- Oh hey, the new Star Trek Into Darkness teaser trailer is out in case you missed it. [via Star Trek]
- Apple CEO Tim Cook announces that the company will move portions of its Mac manufacturing back to the United States. [via NBC News]
- The US Air Force awards SpaceX two contracts as the military aims to bring in new launch competitors. [via ArsTechnica]
- Get the most out of your Nvidia graphics card(s) with the GeForce Experience, which aims to automatically optimize your settings. [via Slashgear]
- Looking for a spiffy last minute Christmas gift? Perhaps this burger-making robot, which advertises a 300-burger per hour production rate, will suit your fancy. Waffle Bot still waiting to be created. [via Dvice]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "Can we talk about how good Planetside 2 is? I started playing Infiltrator last night and the Bolt Driver is like the old Rail Gun in Quake 2. When you hit dead on with that thing it's one shot kills." [by RyDogg1]
- "GAMING HEADSET THREAD. I've actually never owned a PC gaming headset before, always used a standing mic. After hearing TS for PS2 the other night, I can tell a standing mic is just not going to cut it anymore. Can you guys point out a few halfway decent ones to me that won't cost rape-dollars? Bonus points for wireless ones that can also connect to an Xbox (if those exist...)" [by Clasifyd]
Arctic Combat open beta client 1.0."Join the battlefields with realistic warzone effects and modern warfare weaponry. Lead your team to victory with your tactical FPS skills and 'Be the Veteran'!" Download the client for Windows here.
Company of Heroes 2 Preparing for War developer diary:
Join Relic Entertainment developers Greg Wilson, Brett Pascal, Jasen Torres, and Rob Westwood as they discuss the numerous gameplay additions to Company of Heroes 2.
BOOM video 14340
RaiderZ and Perfect World Entertainment heads to St. Fhannel Monastery in a new trailer, Metro: Last Light outs the Commander in its last live-action trailer, LittleBigPlanet Karting shows off some of its player creations, and finally check out the action trailer for Fuel Overdose.