Is your name Winter? If so, Late Night Computing for December 4, 2012 hates you.
Winter, or fall, whatever, can jump off a bridge. I've been up for most of the last two days with intermittent sinus attacks due to the changing weather (we're dropping from the mid-60's to the high-30's over the next day). Just when I think I'm groggy enough to fall asleep, a coughing attack summons me from my potential slumber. I imagine this is what Pokemon must feel like when they're unleashed from their tiny dungeons.
- "Less talk, more rock. The native language of video games is neither spoken nor written." [via BoingBoing]
- Shacker jamiejme makes an utter killing with Plague, Inc. [via Wired]
- The Sess discusses #1reasonwhy and sexism in gaming on a new episode of Sessler's Something. [via Youtube]
- Is the world going to end later this month? The US Government takes the question to NASA scientists. [via USA.gov]
- Shortly after the decommissioning ceremony of the aircraft carrier USS Enterprise, the Navy announces a new vessel named the USS Enterprise scheduled for launch in 2025. Chekov rejoices. [via US Navy]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "Jet Set Radio is still fun as hell to play, and the visuals in the HD version look great. Don't even get me started on those beats Professor K is spinning." [by Nat King Cobra]
- "Nintendo 3DS shackers, I'm going to be doing a lot of flying over the holidays so I decided to buy a 3DS and I know I'm getting Mario 3D Land, but I was hoping for suggestion on a second game. I saw games mentioned in a previous thread, but I figured I would ask again because I specifically want something with really good sound/music. I have a pair of noise canceling headphones that I will be rocking the whole time and I want a game that is a pleasure to listen to for hours on end. Thanks!" [by sleepytea]
The Age of Decadence public beta 3. "The Age of Decadence is an isometric, turn-based role-playing game set in a low magic, post-apocalyptic fantasy world, inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire. The game features a detailed skill-based character system, non-linear gameplay, multiple skill-based ways to handle quests, choices & consequences, and extensive dialogue trees." Download the free game for Windows in 32-bit.
EVE Online Retribution launch trailer:
New destroyers bring the EVE Online universe to the brink of war once more with the Retribution expansion.
BOOM video 14317
Halo 4 reveals the full cinematic for the fifth episode of Spartan Ops, The Last of Us teases its Spike VGAs 2012 trailer, Ilya Muromets is the new hero frame for MechWarrior Online, and Forge launches in a spectacular fashion.