Happy weekend, Shackers. Late Night Computing for November 16, 2012 lands in celebration.
Next Thursday is Thanksgiving, obviously. We're busy preparing in my household, but I can't help not have any interest. Usually I make a giant pig of myself. This year, on the other hand, I'm bored of our usual recipes. Do me a huge favor, Shack, and post links to your favorite Turkey day recipes. My family really needs to get out of the stale menu we have every year.
- Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battlestation as Disney is rumored to want two to three new Star Wars movies per year. [via Blastr]
- Intrigued after seeing the new screenshots for The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim and it's Dragonborn downloadable pack? Spend 10-minutes with samyoulonline and examine the lore of the upcoming content. [via Youtube]
- Watch rookie Viper jock William Adama take on the tin-face Cylons in the third and fourth episodes of Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome [via Youtube]
- Is Google aiming to become a wireless carrier of its very own? Interesting given their extremely competitive Nexus 4 pricing. [via BGR]
- Stock up on Twinkie supplies this weekend, since it might be awhile before you see them again. [via Newser]
- The Seattle Mariners add an enormous video display measuring 201.5 feet by 56.7 feet at their Safeco Park with full 1080p resolution. [via Seattle Times]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "[Grand Theft Auto: Vice City] has been removed from steam for purchase due to a music licensing copyright claim from Sony Music. That's a bummer. Got it in a holiday package deal a year ago. Still a fun game." [by silent prophet]
- "So, SW: ToR went free to play today. My favorite part so far, besides only having 2 action bars, is this. You also only get 3 loot rolls per week (for instances), and the 'hide helm' ability has to be purchased. EA: How not to do F2P." [by LoioshDwaggie]
Into the Dark demo 1.0. "Developed by Indie Austrian studio HomeGrown Games, Into The Dark follows Pete O’Brannon, a jaded private investigator who uses dubious methods to obtain information for the largest insurance company on America’s East Coast. His latest case leads him to an isolated New England cabin where he encounters much more than he bargained for. Now Pete must find a way to escape the madness. Into The Dark combines puzzle, adventure, first person shooter and RPG elements with a visible “basement” development approach for an exciting gaming experience." Download the free demo for Windows.
Sword of the Stars II: Enhanced Edition debut trailer:
Paradox Interactive and Kerberos Productions announce the new Enhanced Edition of Sword of the Stars II, contents of which are free for original purchasers of the game.
BOOM video 14232
Playground Games takes a look at Forza Horizon's community events in a new developer diary, the 666th Devil Dogs show off their combat prowess for Planetside 2, FIFA Soccer 13 details its features for the WiiU, and RaiderZ launches with an accolades trailer.