It's the weekend, and you're surely out celebrating. If not, tune in for the November 9, 2012 edition of Late Night Computing.
Happy Friday, Shackers. After a few weeks of temperatures near freezing, the weather is shifting here with a warm-up anticipated over the next few days. Though Assassin's Creed is begging for my attention, I figure this might be my last chance to get outside and enjoy the sunshine before winter permanently settles in. So what's on my list to do? Read. It's never too early to make a New Year's resolution, and mine is just that - reading more. Not that I ever really took a break. I just haven't finished a novel in a few months.
- Admiral William Adama gets a bit of a face lift as Battlestar Galactica and Syfy release the first short episodes from Blood & Chrome. [via Hitfix]
- World War Z reveals its first full trailer, showing off the ravenous hordes of zombies hitting theatres next summer. At least they don't sparkle. [via Youtube]
- Speaking of movies, Shia LaBeouf is replaced by Mark Wahlberg for the next Transformers movie. Bumblebee plotting road trip of his own. [via Guardian]
- MapBox goes behind the scenes of election night and USA Today to look at how the company designed the site's stellar electoral maps. [via MapBox]
- Moody's downgrades Sony's credit to just above junk for the second month in a row. Is a corporate re-tooling in the works? [via ArsTechnica]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "Diablo III. So the recent patches have really improved the game. With 1.0.4 I started a Barb and last night he cleared Inferno with self-found gear only. I was trying for a single-pass run, but had to re-run butcher about a dozen times to get through Act 3 & 4. So are you guys playing again? Anyone else try the self-found/crafted only route? I highly recommend starting a new character and trying it, I found it much more fun and rewarding. The game is no longer about how much gold you earn to spend on the auction house, instead it's actually playing the game to find loot and craft." [by Lionel2b]
- "The Masterchief in Halo 4 is the least green I've ever seen him. He is seriously not green enough." [by enyakk]
Sword of the Stars: The Pit alpha demo 1.0. "'Sword of the Stars: The Pit' is a fun, fast, light-hearted action RPG, made in the tradition of Rogue and other old school dungeon-diving games. Set in the popular Sword of the Stars universe, the game delivers sharp retro graphics and modern turn-based gameplay. Although the art style is light and the game is readily accessible to all, the role-playing mechanics under the hood are crunchy, and will appeal to players who appreciate depth and challenge, as well as death-by-adorable-monsters.
The Alpha Demo includes the Engineer, one of the game’s three playable Characters, a brief Tutorial, and five playable levels to explore, which include a good cross section of monsters, traps, and items. The full game, which will release with 30 playable levels, is considerably larger in scope." Download the demo for Windows.
Crysis 3 Hunter multiplayer trailer:
Assess, adapt, and attack in the new Hunter multiplayer trailer for Crysis 3.
BOOM video 14181
Finally, some new media for you to enjoy! We have a new accolades trailer for the fourth episode of The Walking Dead, Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two showcases different playstyles with a vignette, HK-51 comes online for Star Wars: The Old Republic, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale gets an introductory trailer, the Chinese invade World of Tanks, Warface goes to war with a new gameplay trailer, NASCAR The Game: Inside Line discusses telemetry with a short developer diary, RaiderZ hits the sewers once more, Mass Effect 3 pushes a Wii U trailer, and Dead Space 3 has some creepy new screenshots.