November 8, 2012, and this is Late Night Computing. One more day, Shackers, and its the weekend. Rejoice.
My late to the party quest to finish the Assassin's Creed series is going well enough. I'm about a quarter of the way through the first game. Other than the repetitive nature of certain mechanics, like collecting flags, it's a pretty good game even given its age. The graphics still hold up fairly well. I'm quite interested to see how Ubisoft Montreal has been able to push the graphics this generation through Assassin's Creed III, though I am quite certain I won't reach it until Spring 2013 at the earliest.
- Aliens vs. Marine, a mod for Crysis 2, shows off some really great alpha gameplay footage. [via Youtube]
- Are President Obama and NASA plotting to return the United States to the moon? And even Mars? [via Space]
- Why MIT, and not Harvard, is the most important university in the world. A long, yet interesting read on the future of higher education supplemented by technology. [via Boston Magazine]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "Halo 4. You know what's kinda bull? I can't play Spartan Ops without a Gold sub, even though it supports solo runs. Anywho, I'm gonna go do laundry and stuff, anyone want to try out that or Wargames later? The ending was cool too." [by Fenring42]
- "Black Ops: 2. Anyone else getting excited? I for one can't wait." [by InfoBiter]
Angry Birds Star Wars demo 1.0 for Windows. "Join an epic adventure with the Angry Birds in the legendary Star Wars universe! Use the Force, wield your lightsaber, and blast away Pigtroopers on an intergalactic journey from the deserts of Tatooine to the depths of the Pig Star -- where you’ll face off against the terrifying Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Pigs! Can you become a Jedi Master and restore freedom to the galaxy?" Download the demo for Windows.
Media. There are a ton of trailers, but we're currently having technical problems.