Late Night Computing presents itself on October 25, 2012 for inspection.
Hey Shack, it's almost the weekend, and good thing too. The Internet can be a stupendously boring place at times when you just aren't in the mood for shenanigans. Time for some Nyquil.
- Did you enjoy Dark Souls? Here are ten ways for From Software to improve a sequel. [via Forbes]
- The title of this article speaks for itself. "Libel, alleged legal threads, and conflicts of interests: the twisted story of MCV and Eurogamer." [via Penny Arcade Report]
- Think Apple cares about its competition? Think again. [via Reuters]
- LeVar Burton discusses the development of the Reading Rainbow iTunes app. [via Entertainment Weekly]
- An examination of the history of the television set. [via NPR]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "The first cutscene I ever saw in a videogame.It was pretty epic for it's time. Especially for an 8 year old." [by Wikus Van De Merwe]
- "Minecraft update is out! Minecraft Wiki has all the detais, and there's a lot of them! So are we able to get potatoes and carrots in out current world without cheating?." [by Creepin_Jeezus]
Snowball Earth prototype alpha 1.0. "Snowball Earth was the first official game by Ronimo Games, and was to be a console game for the Wii or the Xbox 360. In prehistoric times, a little alien robot on an orbiting spaceship accidentally pressed the wrong button and thus froze the entire earth! As punishment, he is sent down to fix his mistake. He goes looking for sources of heat, like volcanoes, to melt the snow. However, during his quest he finds strange fridges everywhere, and discovers that he has been deceived: a fridge manufacturing company has illegally sold all these fridges to the yetis, and this is what really froze the earth! On his epic quest, our little hero must battle the evil polar animals, close all the fridges, and prove his innocence!." Download the playable prototype for Windows here.
Far Cry 3 Experience teaser trailer:
"What happens when a gamer is transported into the warped realm of Far Cry? Find out in this new web series from Ubisoft."
BOOM video 14103