Friday is here, as you probably know. End the week the proper way with Late Night Computing for October 19, 2012.
It's the weekend! Hurray! What are you doing the next few days? I'm jumping between Freedom Force and XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Sort of a lonely weekend, really. I'd like to think I'm going to get out to see Argo and Seven Psychopaths, but you know how that goes. Plans seem to fall through left and right. Did anyone see these two movies yet? How are they?
- Are you a Star Trek fan looking to tractor a significant other? Well, there's now a dating site just for you. [via Beta Beat]
- Troy and Abed in the Morning explain that somewhere, it's always October 19th. [via YouTube]
- What would the opening sequence for a 2D Breaking Bad side-scrolling game look like? This. [via YouTube]
- A new study shows that late night gaming might be the cause of your insomnia. [via Yahoo! Plugged In]
- Rice University is offering a course discussing the connection of The Elder Scrolls v: Skyrim and Norse Culture. [via Eurogamer]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "Why is it that you can't edit the FOV on console games? I'm playing Dishonored and I feel as if I can't see enough of what is on screen. It's quite frustrating at times especially seen as the artwork is so good. Is there any particular reason why consoles don't have this option? I read somewhere that it is possible if the developers allowed it." [by kurumba]
- "First Kickstarter total [screw up]?
'Kickstarted video game project Haunts gets mothballed. More than 1,200 people backed Haunts: The Manse Macabre when it ran a funding campaign via Kickstarter in June 2012. It pledged to produce a horror game but that has been mothballed after running out of cash and staff.'" [by Creepin_Jeezus]
Applied Science demo 1.0. "There is no 'why', there is just Science... and death rays! Applied Science is a class-based FPS designed around mad scientists and their zany experiments. Choose from an Atomic Physicist that can deploy a bullet-halting time field, A chemist with a poisonous gas problem or a Particle Physicist with a disposition for teleporting." Download the demo for Windows here.
Star Wars: The Old Republic free-to-play preview:
"Preview free-to-play options for Star Wars: The Old Republic in this short trailer."
BOOM video 14056