Attempting to kill the world is fun. And sort of addictive. Plague Inc., by Shacker jamiejme and Ndemic Creations, launched for Android devices yesterday after holding the top slot over on the iOS marketplace for quite some time. Essentially, the game boils down to a handheld version of the movie Contagion, except in this case you will tailor the symptoms, evolution, and spread of the disease. Design something terrible, and unleash it upon the world.
It's really a fun game. Play it this weekend if you need something to do!
(Click any editor's name to visit their Twitter page. Follow Shacknews on Twitter for regular updates.)
- Garnett Lee: Busy weekend ahead but I hope to find some solid time to get in with Dishonored and my Vault Hunter ways continue to demand my attention on Pandora in Borderlands 2.
- John Keefer: [Away for the weekend]
- Andrew Yoon: I’m going to spend some time playing as Agent 47 in the new Hitman: Absolution.
- Alice O'Connor: Haven't the foggiest!
- Jeff Mattas: [Away covering IndieCade]
- Steve Watts: I'll be devoting most of my weekend to XCOM: Enemy Unknown. If I have a few moments to spare, I'll probably keep trying (unsuccessfully) to take down fully grown cows as a common house cat in Tokyo Jungle.
- Ozzie Mejia: Things are heating up in Tyria, so I'll spend some more time with Guild Wars 2 before Pokemon Black and White Version 2 gets me in its clutches.
- Tyler J. Smith: Plague Inc. looks like its going to take up most of my time as I try to evolve something worthy of being a humanity killer, and otherwise I'm watching a ton of Dota 2 videos to learn what to do before playing my first game.