It's Thursday, September 20, 2012. The weekend begins tomorrow night, horray! So let's do this Late Night Computing thing.
My voyages into deep space continue with the utterly fantastic FTL: Faster Than Light. I've only made it to the end-game once before having my hull annihilated, sadly. In the down time, I've been thinking about what I'd like to see if Subset Games were to release modding tools in the future. You have the usual suspects in Star Trek, Star Wars, Firefly, and Battlestar Galactica, but what I'd really like to see is a Mass Effect mod.
The setup is perfect. Deliver Commander Shepard and his crew to the Citadel aboard the frigate Normandy before the Reaper fleet overtakes you. If there was one thing I wanted more of in the Mass Effect universe it's fleet combat, and a mod of FTL would suit my needs perfectly!
- Even though it's shutting down, City of Heroes does some things better than any other massively multiplayer online game. See what they are! Take note, DC Universe Online. [via Trembling Hand]
- Did you update your iPhone to iOS 6? You may have noticed, along with the rest of the Internet, some issues with the new maps application. [via BBC News]
- The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) plans for HTML5 to get the official 'Candidate Recommendation' by 2014. [via Wired]
- Meet the Popinator!, which shoots popcorn directly into your mouth. Somebody get me one for Christmas, please. [via Popular Science]
- The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agent (DARPA) unveils its Luke Skywalker binoculars, which allows soldiers to detect brainwaves of soldiers. [via Yahoo! News]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "Borderlands 2. How's everyone enjoying it? I'm missing third person, but maybe someone smarter than me can figure it out. Haven't got too far yet, tryin out the different classes, but I miss Lilith :(" [by exit button]
- "Company of Heroes 2 is up for pre-order, using that new preorder bonus level system which is kind of gross but I am super excited for the game." [by TimeDoctor]
Cardinal Quest 2 demo 1.0. "A turn-based hack 'n' slash adventure. Grab a sword! Pick a spell! Bring your dog, and beat back the forces of darkness! Cardinal Quest 1 was a streamlined turn-based dungeon crawler. Cardinal Quest 2 is bigger, better and deeper; you've got way more control over how you make your character and the game's procedurally-generated environments and challenges are much more varied." Download the free demo for Windows.
Carrier Command: Gaea Mission Fundamentals of War trailer:
Before becoming a captain of warfare, you must first mater the fundamentals of combat and strategy.
BOOM video 13859
It's time for the 2012 Tokyo Game Show, so you know what that means? Lots of unseen media? First up, we have a short introductory trailer for Puppeteer, a tips trailer to help you up your game in Street Fighter X Tekken for the Vita, a simple combat trailer for the Wii U version of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, a release trailer for the sea worthy One Piece: Pirate Warriors, an iOS trailer for Rayman Jungle Run, an arsenal trailer for Halo 4, and a load of new screenshots for Monster Hunter Ultimate, Tank! Tank! Tank!, Tales of Xillia, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Dragon Ball Kinect, and Dark Souls.