Greetings Traveller! There are new missions available at the Late Night Computing Bounty-board for September 18, 2012.
So tell me Shacknews, how is Borderlands 2? Is it everything we hoped it would be? Or is it just another mediocre title? I'm not looking to bother you much with some inane diatribe, but if you are playing Borderlands 2 do come back to our review by Steve Watts to compare notes. A good discussion is certainly in order!
- The most important news of the week: McDonald's will delay the return of the McRib to late December, rather than in October. NOOOOOOOOOO! [via CNBC]
- Famous geek websites Slashdot, SourceForge, and Freecode are all purchased by Dice Holdings for $20 million in cash. [via The Verge]
- Opposable Thumbs of ArsTechnica gets a bit of a hands-on preview of Dungeons & Dragons Next, and it sure sounds promising. [via Ars Technica]
- Meet the future of online education with Stanford's open-source Class2Go. [via Techcrunch]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "GW2 crafting. What's the best way to level crafting? I find discovery frustrating, but don't REALLY want to find a list of recipes online. Also, materials don't seem to drop nearly at the rate they should to level crafting skills. You have to buy 80% of what you need from the TP, but then the TP is like 40000 feet from the crafting station and its a pain in the butt." [by mlev]
- "What's your favorite video game-related Easter Egg? My vote goes to Dopefish. ALL his appearances. I don't think there is enough Dopefish representation in today's games. The game that I felt had the most memorable Easter eggs was probably duke3d.exe. Swiss-cheese level design and environment interactivity probably helped in that regard. The Doomed space marine, the bridge of the Enterprise, the Terminator cameo... that game got so much right." [by The Grolar Bear]
Anodyne demo 1.0. "Anodyne is a 2D, topdown adventure game where you use two items to explore a collection of Zelda-like dungeons and passive locales located in the dream world of a boy. Anodyne stems from the the combination of ambiance similar to games like Yume Nikki, and the dungeon mechanics of Zelda games. " Download the free demo for Windows.
The fifth downloadable content pack, Hand of Fate, gives you a choice between saving the world, or deciding to end it.
BOOM video 13852
That's it! The starving news team gobbled up the rest of the media for prime-time coverage on our front page.