The weekend is over, my friends, and your week is just getting started. Have a Late Night Computing for September 10, 2012 for a treat!
After watching the Pittsburgh Pirates being swept by the Chicago Cubs this weekend, baseball has left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. I'm not even certain they'll finish the season with a winning record. Call it regression to the mean, call it a collapse, call it what you will, but this team is in a major league slump. And they play the dominant Cincinnati Reds over the next several days. Hopefully the Bucs catch a spark, since the last series these two teams faced-off was nothing less than explosive, but I'm trying not to get my expectations up.
- GoDaddy trips, smashes face into cement wall. Cries for its GoMommy. [via Ars Technica]
- With Apple's conference coming up shortly along with last week's gadgets, how do you decide when to dive into the latest thing? Sort yourself out or risk buyer's regret! [via NPR]
- See how the creative ones over at Nerf design new product lines while maintaining their classic look and feel. [via Wired]
- Kickstarter is getting a lot of attention by video game enthusiasts, but why? [via The Economist]
- Raise an eyebrow or two at questionable calls by the NFL's replacement referees? No? Here's a list of 21 that might make you reconsider. [via Deadspin]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "Do any of you watch speed runs? If so, do you have a favorite? I feel like watching a speed run..." [by Wikus Van De Merwe]
- "What's your favorite thing about GW2? I like how they made it so easy to party, no matter what. There are no restrictions really.
I have a cousin on a different server, who rolled a new character of a different race. I was able to take my relatively new toon (12. Just big enough to not be new, but not big enough to have way points all over), port to lions arch, port to his starting area, meet up with him across servers, and party even though we were both dps classes. And I still got good experience and loot! How awesome is that?" [by mlev]
No More Room in Hell 1.05 mod for Half-Life 2. "No More Room in Hell is a free to play Half-Life 2 mod. It's a multiplayer, 8 player co-op survival horror game with a focus on semi-realism. It was inspired by the Of The Dead zombie franchise which is were it gets its namesake." Download the mod for Windows.
Tryst gameplay trailer:
Blue Giant Interactive presents gameplay from its version of basebuilding in real-time strategy as two factions, the Humans and Zali, compete for control of the planet's resources.
BOOM video 13789
Codemasters races out F1 2012 for an attract trailer with a few more tracks for your discrimination, NBA 2K13 reviews the talent making an appearance in this years iteration, NBA Baller Beats tempts you into making a rhythmic investment, NASCAR The Game: Inside Line, Black Mesa, and Aliens: Colonial Marines strut out some new screenshots.