August 30, 2012 is coming to a close, so take solace that Late Night Computing is here to keep you company.
The weekend is just over the horizon, thankfully, and an extra long one at that! It's time to light up your grill and cook something good. This year, I'm actually taking a few steps and planning what we'll be grilling come Monday. But I need some help. Show off your favorite recipes. I'm a hungry, hungry hippo.
- Free-to-play games are more prevalent now than ever, but what does it mean for the future of single player titles? [via Penny-Arcade]
- Look out board game companies. Open source board games are beginning to pop up around the Internet for anyone to produce with a 3D-printer. [via Wired]
- After the Apple v. Samsung patent lawsuit decisions, you are surely asking yourself why so many gadgets similar if not downright the same. Read this article to learn why. [via BBC]
- When you bite the big one, what happens to your data and digital life? [via News.com.au]
- Is the BBC planning a live episode for the 50th anniversary of Doctor Who?[via Den of Geek]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "Saw this on r/gaming. PCGamingWiki, a site to fixing any PC gaming problem." Check out the site here. [by Lightzout]
- "Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD. Not sure if this was posted, but this game is fantastic on the iPad/iPhone, I can only imagine how much fun it is with proper joystick/gamepad. Anyone tried it yet?" [by zuff]
The Trouble With Robots demo. "The Trouble With Robots is a side-scrolling customisable card game. Set in a fantasy world invaded by robots, you build decks, cast spells, summon powerful creatures (or hordes of angry peasants), and defeat legions of robots. Play the first six levels, the first challenge level, with no time limits in this demo." Download version 1.0 for Windows.
Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel Gamescom 2012 developer walkthrough:
A bit late to the party, Visceral Games walks you through a portion of the Gamescom 2012 gameplay demo with some commentary
BOOM video 13717
Strike Suit Zero lashes out with some fresh gameplay from PAX Prime 2012, Apogee presents a timelapse trailer showing off the progression of The Room for Rise of the Triad, get your first look at some console gameplay for Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, and Electronic Arts pulls your chain a bit with a Jet Set Secret teaser trailer.