Happy Friday, fellow Shackers! To celebrate the end of the week and revival of Late Night Computing, I've decided to give away a few games.
There is a catch, though. So what is it I want? Easy. Take a good, solid look at the fall release schedule. Gaze into your crystal ball (or shake the Magic 8-ball). Now tell me, which game do you think will be a surprise hit? And for the other side of the equation, which game do you think will flop? Tell me what you think in the comments below, and I'll select three winners.
Oh, you need to know what I'm giving away. Right. Well, I have two Steam copies of Thirty Flights of Loving for PC, and a Steam copy of The Walking Dead for PC (two episodes available now, three to come later). So let me know your answers, and I'll reveal the winners come Monday's LNC!
- Apple wins most of the decisions in its patent case versus Samsung, being awarded $1.051 billion in damages. Samsung gets whiplash from firing off an appeal. [via The Verge]
- Star Wars Detours premieres the first teaser trailer for its upcoming comedic series, filled with one gossipy Emperor. If Palpatine had a Youtube channel, what would it look like? [via Star Wars]
- Speaking of dark lords, did you know Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II is now available via Steam? If you picked it up, use this guide to mod and restore cut content originally cut due to lack of polish. [via PC Gaming Wiki]
- The Federal Bureau of Investigation switches gears and begins to target sites offering pirated Android apps, taking down three domains. [via Ars Technica]
- Uni Watch ranks the top sports uniforms across four professional leagues, including the NBA, MLB, NBA, and NFL. Who comes out on top? More importantly: who comes out ranked dead last. Seattle Seahawks, clean up on aisle four. [via ESPN]
Chatty posts of the moment.
Make sure you log-in and check your filters if you can't see the following:
- "MLG Summer Championships starting now. Lots of Starcraft 2, LoL, Mortal Kombat, and Soul Calibur this weekend: streaming here. Major vs. Fitzy game 1 from a few hours ago is one of the craziest I've seen in a while." [by Serpico74]
- "Guild Wars 2 questions and answers thread! We're in the final stretch before headstart access so lets use this time to answer any questions the Shack has (and just discuss the game).
Pertinant information: Headstart official begins Midnight PST but servers could go live as much as 3 hours in advance. Shack Guild will be on Maguuma, started by Frozen Pixel (note: if you roll elsewhere you can still join the guild)." [by InfoBiter]
Moustache King Adventure free game: "There once was a small boy who was robbed of his favorite ice-cream flavor by the Moustache King. Being just a boy, he had a new goal in life: to become the Moustache King himself! Embark on an adventure worthy of legend as you seek to grow a 'stache worthy of the position." Download version 1.0 for Windows.
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Broken Mast trailer:
Take up your broken sword hilt and escape the dungeons of the Undead Asylum in a vast pilgrimmage across the lands of Lordran.
BOOM video 13672
Nordic Games and The Farm 51 release the first teaser of Painkiller Hell & Damnation, Primal Carnage gets a second character showcase, go behind the scenes of ZombiU, get dirty with the fifth Walking Dead Playing Dead episode, and get dead with some new Dead Space 3 screenshots.