Hero Academy is getting its previously announced Team Fortress 2 homage soon, and Robot Entertainment has outlined how the classes will translate to its strategy game. The game will hit Steam on August 8, and includes TF2 avatar packs and a map inspired by the TF2 CTF map "Well." You'll also get cosmetic items in TF2 by purchasing other expansion themes.
The whole team gets a "Relentless Action" bonus, in which stomping an enemy grants an extra action point. The classes are introduced straight from the horse's proverbial mouth:
- Spy - A cloaked unit who cannot be targeted at range. The Spy deals massive damage when attacking an enemy from behind.
- Scout - A fast-moving recon hero; Players gain an AP when deploying the Scout. The Scout automatically hops backwards when hit by an opponent.
- Sniper - The Sniper can target enemies anywhere in his row. At the end of your turn, the Sniper crouches. If he remains unscathed until your next turn, the Sniper gains increased power on his next shot.
- Medic - The Medic heals and revives allies; He can link to a full-health ally to increase their power.
- Engineer - A defensive hero with a basic ranged attack. The Engineer can upgrade allies' weapons.
- Heavy - The Heavy does AOE attack at range. Every successive attack deals more damage as his minigun spins up.
- Pyro - He does full damage to two enemies in a row; The Pyro's attack can hit cloaked Spies.
- Demoman - The Demoman lobs grenades that do AOE damage. He does bonus damage when attacking crystals.
- Soldier - The Soldier is a ranged hero. He uses powerful rockets to knock enemy units back.