Game apathy. It's a thing. While I love summer sales as much as the next guy, I've come down with a serious case of the summer blues over the last few weeks. I pre-ordered Spec Ops: The Line and got my copy on launch day, but only managed to force myself to play it on Tuesday. I just sat in front of my game collection in a whirlwind of indecision, hoping a title might pop out at me or shout "play me, you big idiot!" No such luck.
Be warned, it can happen to you too! So what are you playing this weekend, Shack?
(Click any editor's name to visit their Twitter page. Follow Shacknews on Twitter for regular updates.)
- Garnett Lee: After subjecting myself to NCAA Football 13 I’ll be stepping away for the weekend to Vegas! So I guess will be playing still, but the game will be craps. Time permitting I’m also going to follow the advice of nearly everyone I know and give The Walking Dead a go, and at some point I want to also get in some Firefall.
- Andrew Yoon: I’m not playing video games this weekend. BECAUSE I’M THAT COOL.
- John Keefer: Now that Star Wars: The Old Republic went free to level 15 permanently, I have decided to give in to the dark side and check it out. I’m going to spend some time doing a bit of research on the best server and then join the Sith.
- Alice O'Connor: My flatmates made a game about punching custard, named Punch the Custard, and will be trying it at a games afternoon on Sunday. I'll be there to see the end result of something which made our flat smell so very delicious while he playtested.
- Jeff Mattas: This weekend, I’ll be dying a lot in the XBLA version of Spelunky, frying my senses with DYAD, and getting in some adventure time with The Journey Down. A few beers may be involved.
- Steve Watts: It's look like an RPG weekend for me. Trying to wrap up Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3, cracking into Rainbow Moon, and continuing to woo the ladies in Persona 3 Portable.
- Ozzie Mejia: I think I've taken a liking to The Secret World. Not enough to subscribe, of course. Oh, lord, no! But I'll be happy to keep playing through my 30-day trial and explore the depths of Egypt and Transylvania. I might even get into some 5-player dungeons..
- Tyler J. Smith: This space cadet has had enough of interstellar travel for the moment, and firmly planted my butt in the rather dusty remains of Dubai in Spec Ops: The Line. While it does have wonky controls at times, the story is keeping me engaged. Oh look, Jabba's Sail Barge just over the horizon.