Happy weekend, Shack! I hope you had a wonderful fourth of July, filled with lots of charred meaty goodness and colorful explosions. Mine was spent watching the special edition of Independence Day, just like every other year. The dialogue is horrible, sure, but I always get a kick out of it.
How did you spend your holiday? Play any good games, or were you too busy planning for Shackcon?
(Click any editor's name to visit their Twitter page. Follow Shacknews on Twitter for regular updates.)
- Garnett Lee: [Killed by Azmodan]
- Andrew Yoon: I think I’ll bite into The Walking Dead’s second episode this weekend.
- John Keefer: I’ve started playing through some older games, starting with the original BioShock. July 4th afforded me the chance to get through the first half of the game again, and it’s just as enjoyable as it was the first time. Looking forward to doing the same thing with Mass Effect.
- Alice O'Connor: I'm going to prom! Then I'll probably play hungover Dota 2 with my brother on Sunday. I might finally finish the Syndicate single-player campaign, though, which I had dropped in favour of co-op.
- Jeff Mattas: Time for some video game catch-up for me this weekend. I’ll finally check out some more Ghost Recon: Future Soldier a bit more Lollipop Chainsaw, along with some of the indie adventure game The Journey Down. I’ve been getting the itch to replay Red Dead Redemption again too, for some unknown reason. Also will be grilling food. Lots of grilling.
- Steve Watts: After some July 4 sales, I'm looking forward to cracking more deeply into Shadow of the Colossus and Persona 3 Portable. Plus, I'm may just switch Spec Ops: The Line to easy mode and see it for the story, before someone spoils it for me.
- Ozzie Mejia: Taking the weekend to explore The Secret World.
- Tyler J. Smith: It's a toss up between Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion and Endless Space. I really wish I could take the combat of Rebellion and mash it into Endless Space. Those two games aside, I'll be watching the Pittsburgh Pirates win their last series before the All-Star break. Hopefully they keep their current offensive momentum up, since the pitching seems to be slipping a bit as of late.