After watching the Pittsburgh Pirates take on the Minnesota Twins at PNC Park Wednesday night, I'm not sure I will ever complain about the price of DLC again. $2.45 for a 20-ounce Diet Pepsi? $7.75 for a small basket of french fries with a tiny tub of cheese? Figure in the $15 for parking in the middle of nowhere, and that's enough to pick up Dawnguard for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim this Tuesday.
That said, I can't imagine what the prices would be if the Pirates consistently played well. Sure, they have a winning record. Talk to me after the All-Star break once the collapse starts. At least my french fries stayed warm since, you know, heat wave. Nothing makes my stomach curdle more than cold french fries.
(Click any editor's name to visit their Twitter page. Follow Shacknews on Twitter for regular updates.)
- Garnett Lee: Though there’s hardly been any letup since E3, I’ve managed to get my Demon Hunter started in Diablo III and as I near the end of Act I acquired my first piece of legendary gear. I’ve also gotten completely caught up in my fledgling air empire in Pocket Planes. Join our #weekendconfirmd flight crew!
- John Keefer: I’m still pounding through Diablo III. I’m in Act III on Hell difficulty with my monk. But I also just started a demon hunter. Getting a bit tired of the repetition and farming, so come next week, I will probably have moved on. We’ll see.
- Andrew Yoon: I just started playing Resistance: Burning Skies for Vita. And... so far, it is not so good. But, it's an easy Platinum trophy, so hopefully it'll get better as it goes on.
- Alice O'Connor: I really must play some Dota 2 with my brother, but other than that I'll be out in London's glorious parks, playing cricket and dancing poorly.
- Jeff Mattas: This week, I’m trying to catch up on some Diablo III time, but it’s got some competition in the form of Magic: The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013, which I’m really enjoying on iPad. Rainslick Precipice of Darkness 3 and a bit of Lollipop Chainsaw round out my eclectic gaming soup this week.
- Steve Watts: Thanks to PlayStation Plus, Hard Corps: Uprising has gotten its hooks in me. I'm also starting to crack into Pokemon Conquest and Gravity Rush when I'm not playing a game on the big screen.
- Ozzie Mejia: My non-gamer girlfriend has asked to play something with me, so I'm introducing her to the world of Portal 2 co-op. Also hitting up a local barcade before catching Jeff Cannata and Christian Spicer's Double Jump this Saturday night.
- Tyler J. Smith: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion currently has its spacey tethers into my face. What would the weekend be for if not imposing my will on other species? Oh what's that? Jealous of my Ragnarov-class Titan? I bet you are, Vasari scum.