Trent Oster has been a man possessed since the announcement of Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition. The president of publisher Beamdog has been on Twitter tirelessly answering questions from fans while giving out little unannounced tidbits here and there to the swarming masses.
Among the more interesting items:
- The level cap for BGEE will be increased.
- A bad experience with Nintendo leaves no hope of a Wii U version.
- After fan feedback, a boxed edition of the game is being explored, beyond just digital distribution.
- The game will be localized in German, French and Spanish, with more languages in the works.
- There is no plan for more than six characters in a player's party.
And that was just within the last 24 hours. Other tidbits from last week:
- The enemy AI will continue to be a pain in the butt, even with the new content.
- Emphasis is being placed on great voice talent for the new content. Several actors have been auditioned. If new voice-over work is done for Minsc, Jim Cummings will reprise the role.
- Mod support will be improved.
- Updates for BGEE will be slower going than planned.
- No plans for Xbox version because of controller issues.
- Beamdog will not be doing an enhanced Ultima.
- A Baldur's Gate 3 would take some heavy reworking.
- Icewind Dale is a candidate for enhancement if BGEE is a success. The game would use the BGEE code base.
Considering his track record, Oster will continue to tweet out the details even before the official announcements are made. So keep watching if you are a fan.