While one particular aspect of Mass Effect 3 has gotten more than its share of coverage, another glitch that got lost in the shuffle was the fact that I couldn't get my Shepard to look the way he did in the first two games. The import didn't work. Well, shazam, ta-dah and lo and behold, the PC fix comes out today.
If you had stuck with the standard Shepard look, then you really won't care, but to many this is a big deal. But the lack of the personal touch really irritated some of the faithful. Here's a look at the patch notes, and if your are looking for a change to the ending, forget it.
- Fixed issues when in some cases Shepard's customized facial features from ME1/ME2 may not be properly imported to ME3
- Fixed an issue when quickly and repeatedly selecting to Resume a Save could result in Player Level reset and a potential locking of powers
- Fixed an issue when selecting Multiplayer in the Main Menu while under a poor network connection could result in an unresponsive state
- Fixed a potential crash while accessing an in-game terminal from Eden Prime level
- Fixed an issue when attempting to login while Server is down. It would display a Server Down message and accepting the Server Shutdown message would shut down the game
- Fixed a potential memory crash while loading a Quick Save of a custom FemShep
- Fixed an issue when restarting missions and acquiring an above max amount of weapon mods results in displayed debug text on-screen
- Fixed an issue when an unresponsive game state could occur during transition after the Conduit level
- Fixed an issue when DLC game saves can be accessed from an account without DLC if another account on the same computer has access to the related DLC (PC Only)
- Fixed an issue when saves from different accounts on the same computer may become locked if one account has access to DLC which the other account does not (PC Only)
The Xbox 360 and PS3 patch will come out tomorrow.