Arguably more iconic than Desmond and his various assassin counterparts are the exotic locales featured in the Assassin's Creed series. Now that Assassin's Creed Revelations has wrapped up, we can all start considering what the future holds for the franchise. A purported survey may hint at several possible upcoming locations and time periods.
- The violent conflicts of the Imperial Dynasties in Medieval China
- The advent of the mighty British Empire during Victorian England
- The culmination of the Pharaoh Reign in Ancient Egypt
- The invasion of the Americas by the Spanish Conquistadors
- The confrontation between British colonists and native Americans during The American Revolution
- The overthrow of the Tsar Empire by the Communists during the Russian Revolution
- The Warlord Battles in Feudal Japan
- The rise of Cesar's Empire in Ancient Rome
It's worth noting that Assassin's Creed 3 is rumored to be set in Ancient Egypt. Since the next Assassin's Creed is expected in 2012, this survey is likely for "one of the next" Assassin's Creed titles, beyond next year's iteration.
If the survey is legitimate, remember that surveys like this are merely to gauge interest, and not necessarily a sign of impending plans. Shacknews has contacted Ubisoft, but has not received a response as of time of publishing.