Media Molecule is planning on "stepping away" from the LittleBigPlanet franchise to work on something new. But before it does, it has to release the Move Pack for LittleBigPlanet 2. The developer describes it as the franchise's "biggest Downloadable Content pack to date," and it's hard to argue with that.
The Move Pack includes a new story mode, entitled "The Rise of the Cakeling," and a new set of tools that allow you to create your own Move games. But what else is in the DLC pack?
From the official website, here's exactly what's included in the upcoming DLC pack:
- The Rise of the Cakeling with 14 new levels (5 levels, 7 mini games and 2 cutscenes)
- A new powerup for Sackboy: The Brane Crane
- 3 huge new powerful gadgets for use with PlayStation®Move: The Movinator, The Move Recorder, The Paint Tool
- 4 Interactive Music Tracks
- 8 Music Sequencer Tracks
- A new Sound Object containing 32 new sounds
- 17 new Music Sequencer Instruments
- A new level background
- 6 New Costumes
- 18 Materials
- 41 Decorations
- 13 Objects
- 66 Stickers
- 39 new LittleBigPlanet Pins
- 11 brand new PlayStation Trophies
This is definitely the biggest update to the LBP universe. While the expansion has a date, it doesn't yet have a price. The Move Pack will be available on September 14th, with a price TBA.
BOOM video 10160