After a week of playing and writing about the digital age of gaming, it's nice to revisit the analog world and play some board games. For the first time since I was a teenager, I sat down and played some board games. Last night I ventured out to Jeff Cannata's place to partake in a few hours of old school gaming bliss.
It was great to sit back and play games like The Resistance and Formula D (shown above) with a slew of people. On the track we had Jeff from Weekend Confirmed and Totally Rad Show, TRS producer Mike, and co-hosts Alex and Dan along with their friend Mark, and Peter from /Film. It was an epic evening of hunting for spies and racing through Monaco.
What are you up to this weekend, Shackers?
(Click any editor's name to visit their Twitter page. Follow Shacknews on Twitter for regular updates and giveaways.)
- Garnett Lee: I’ll be spending the weekend fighting all manner of evil in the name of reviews starting with Shadows of the Damned and then venturing forth into Dungeon Siege III.
- Xav de Matos: I have to finish recording the voice over for a book, but I'm going to sneak in some time with Child of Eden and The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for review.
- Andrew Yoon: I'll be returning to madness, working on a review of the new Alice game.
- Alice O'Connor: I'm off to see the 566-minute Holocaust documentary Shoah on Saturday.
- Jeff Mattas: I’m gonna ‘lectrocute some bad guys in Infamous 2, and probably get into a few rounds of some online co-op with my dad for Father’s Day—in the form of some Left 4 Dead 2 or Rainbow Six Vegas 2.
- Steve Watts: I know I keep claiming I'm going to finish up LA Noire, but this is the weekend I finally do it! Probably. Maybe. Okay, almost definitely not. But Infamous 2 and Child of Eden are distracting.
- Ozzie Mejia: This weekend's all about Fathers Day and celebrating my nephew turning eight, as he gets another year closer to beating me at Marvel vs. Capcom 3.v