Beyond Good & Evil 2 still searching for a home

By Steve Watts, Jun 09, 2011 11:00am PDT

Conspicuously absent from Ubisoft's E3 press briefing was Beyond Good & Evil 2. Apparently the game has been put on hold, and may even get pushed to the next generation of consoles, according to project lead Michel Ancel. "Before Rayman we were working on Beyond Good & Evil 2," Ancel told Joystiq. "And the project is still on the tracks. I'd love to come back to it."

So what's holding up the anticipated sequel? "It's a question of making all those things able to fit the constraints of the consoles," he said. "But with this kind of game, we can do prototypes on very high-end PCs and we can really try to play in the kind of future-console style hardware. So it's just a question of saying, 'okay, do we cut everything and rebuild to these consoles, or do we try to move forward?'"

Ancel says it's still an open question whether the game will come out for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 as planned. But finishing the game is still a priority. "The main thing, I would say, is that I'm waiting for the game as much as they are waiting for it," he said. "So that's pushing me to finish it."

Ubisoft recently gave a scare when it announced that poor financial results ended with a few canceled games, but the company quickly clarified that only unannounced titles had been impacted. Of course, making us think BG&E2 is canceled and then reassuring us is becoming a fairly regular occurance.

Click here to comment...

advertisement

Comments

See All Comments | 1 Thread | 14 Comments