Need some more boomshakalaka in your life? EA Sports has announced NBA JAM: On Fire Edition, a new, enhanced (digital-download-only) iteration of the updated arcade basketball series that came out last year.
Headed to Xbox Live Arcade and PlayStation Network in October, NBA JAM: On Fire Edition boasts a number of improvements, including new gameplay modes and AI that adjusts to your tactics as you play.
From the press release:
- New features in NBA JAM: On Fire Edition
- REAL AI - Featuring the ground-breaking AI system used in the Fight Night franchise that learns your tendencies and throws them back in your face.
- JAM Arena – Play solo, or team up with friends and take on the world in a new, dynamic online competition.
- Road Trip – A cooperative online campaign where you can team up with friends and compete in a series of white-knuckle challenges against the current superstars and timeless legends from each of the 30 NBA Teams.
- Tag Mode and Team Fire return! – Swap players "on the fly" and ignite your entire team by performing consecutive cooperative moves!
- More NBA JAM Hotness – Online roster updates, more NBA superstars, legendary NBA players, over-the-top animations, JAM challenges, secret teams and unlockable characters than ever before!
Of course, the biggest question mark is the one looming over the ultimate fate of NBA Elite, EA's ill-fated sim series that was canceled before release last year. According to EA Sports President Peter Moore, the next NBA-sim is in the works, but won't be out until fall of 2012.
"As planned, our next NBA simulation title is in development at our Tiburon Studio in Orlando," said Moore. "We have top talent on the game, and we're giving the new development team time to deliver a superior experience. We're making great strides and looking forward to launching a new game next year."