Cod Blops on PC was in a sorry state at launch, as our Xav examined, plagued by poor performance and stuttering. A string of patches slowly brought most issues into line. Of course, the PC woes didn't stop the latest multi-platform entry in the hugely popular franchise from passing $1 billion in sales and being the biggest-selling game of 2010.
The first Cod Blops downloadable content pack, First Strike, is due to launch for Xbox 360 on February 1 at 1,200 Microsoft Points ($15). It'll initially be exclusive to Microsoft's console, coming to PC and PlayStation 3 at a yet-unknown later date.
Here's the changelog for yesterday's PC patch:
Call of Duty: Black Ops
- MP Audio stuttering on certain systems.
- Playercards sometimes not showing properly.
- Added three Private Match Server Settings: Team Change, Team-Up Period, and Keep Balanced Teams.
- Added Alternate Color Scheme for accessibility: Settings / Multiplayer / Player Name Indicator.
- Changed Team-Up Period countdown interval to 10 seconds.
- Combat Training sessions are no longer counted in Server Browser Unranked tab.
- Friends on your team will now show as blue on your minimap.
- Prevention of various exploits.
- Objective markers localized for all languages.
- Various stability improvements
Call of Duty: Black Ops Rcon Tool
- Recognize new "invalid password" server response