Additionally, an Arena playlist for free-for-all play has been added, pitting 6 to 8 players against everyone else in the game's rated battleground. Other changes have been made the various lists, maps, and gametypes and are detailed below.
Halo: Reach January Playlist Update
- Added FFA Arena playlist, test your might in this 6-8 player Arena
- Added Unanchored map variant to all Arena playlists
- Players can now change their votes in Arena playlists
- The first of several new community playlists
- Unaltered maps made by you, the Halo community
- Play and vote. Your voting data controls what rises into the ranks of official playlists!
- Cleaned up entries in the Team Objective playlist, we now offer the best of the best
- Maps updated to v2.1, this includes fixes to weapon spawn times
- Adjusted weightings in response to voting data, default 'Team Slayer' should now be available more often
- Added soft kill volumes to the rocks leading up to the ledge on the right side of the Red Base (AKA, Infection camping grounds)
- Adjusted the placement of the large rock on the outside ledge of Red Sniper spawn
- Added soft kill volumes to some lower areas outside of the intended playable space
- Modified the size and shape of the center hill object to better fit the area in KOTH games
- Reduced the radius of the safe haven in the greenhouse
Big Team Slayer
- Now 100 to win!
- Modified loadouts, Armor Lock is now accompanied by a Plasma Rifle instead of a Needler
- Motion Tracker is now Enabled
- Hud-widget for KPH is now in the bottom center
- In gametypes built from the latest matchmaking variants, powerups should now function as they do in Forge
- You'll need to save off the latest game variants from your temporary history to take advantage of this!