Additionally, Treyarch's community manager Josh Olin has also detailed the various live updates that have been made to the game since release in the same forum post. Most of the live fixes dealt with some map problems, but others quickly fixed bugs like the infamous "care package glitch," which evidently decided to migrate over from Modern Warfare 2.
On the PC side, a few updates have been made including a performance boost for dual and quad core machines, but fixes are currently in progress for some GPU hitching and incomplete server browser results.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Xbox 360/PlayStation 3 Title Update Changes
- Improved matchmaking to find matches significantly faster
- Improved matchmaking to ensure that players are more effectively matched to games with the best networking conditions
- Improved host selection to ensure that the best host is always selected in the pre-game lobby
- Improved party system to ensure that parties don't get broken apart
- Disable ability to join Private Match, Combat Training and Theater lobbies when searching for Player Match games
- Server-side and game-side changes to decrease the amount of failed Film uploads
- Weekly and Monthly leaderboards will now track all kills, deaths and assists properly (All Time leaderboards were not affected by this)
- Prevention of Combat Training stats getting crossed with Player Match stats under rare conditions
- Prevention of temporary loss of functionality when a button was being held down at the point of a disconnect
- Additional fine-tuning of audio levels and ranges for footsteps and gunfire
- Additional fine-tuning of audio levels for bomb plants/defuses
- Additional online security enhancements