OpenFeint Support Now Available on Android Devices
After plans were revealed to expand its gaming "ecosystem" in July, tech developer Aurora Feint has launched OpenFeint support for Android-based devices.
The OpenFeint platform has become a mainstay for iPhone titles, giving players a suite of social and metagaming features such as leaderboards and achievements.
Developer Aurora Feint is currently working to enable cross-platform voice chat and real-time multiplayer. An update for the features is expected sometime later this year.
Since the move to Android was first announced, Apple has launched its own gaming platform, dubbed Game Center. Similar to Aurora Feint's own gaming ecosystem, Apple's multiplayer-focused application includes leaderboards, friends lists and matchmaking across multiple games.
According to PocketGamer, Android users have access to a slew of new titles supporting the platform with more on the way. A detailed list can be found after the break.
Android games currently supporting OpenFeint
- Dot (ustwo)
- Fruit Ninja (Halfbrick Studios)
- Flick Kick Field Goal (PikPok)
- MiniSquadron (Supermono)
- Tic Tac Toe (Posimotion)
- The Moron Test (Distinctive Developments)
- Super Slyder (Sandlot Games)
- Symbolism (ChewSoft)
Games with upcoming OpenFeint support
- Bomberman Dojo (Hudson)
- Cestos 2: Party Time (ChickenBrick Studios)
- Dot Dot (ustwo)
- Face Fighter Gold (Appy Entertainment)
- Flick Kick Football (PikPok)
- Flick Kick Rugby (PikPok)
- Kamikaze Race (TastyPlay)
- Mega Jump (Get Set Games)
- Must.Eat.Birds (Mediatonic)
- Solipskier (Mikengreg)
- Super KO Boxing 2 (Glu)
- Touch Racing Nitro (Bravo Game Studios)