Bonuses Revealed for Final Fantasy XIV and Final Fantasy XI Subscribers, Xbox 360 Version On Hold
BOOM widget 138107
Square Enix wants players to know that loyalty can pay off as it has revealed bonuses for players subscribing to both Final Fantasy XI and the upcoming Final Fantasy XIV.
The bonus offers include the in-game item "Hermes' Shoes" and the ability to use FFXI character names in the upcoming MMO.
Additionally, players who maintain connections to both worlds will also receive a $5.95 discount on the base Final Fantasy XI subscription price (or $7 per month down from $12.95). Of course, there are a few caveats for the discount, including only discounting subscribers paid for by credit card. The complete list of restrictions and details on the bonus items can be found after the break.
Bonuses offered only apply to the Windows version; however, Square Enix says bonuses for PlayStation 3 users will be announced soon.
In the Xbox realm, VG247 is reporting that the MMO has not been canceled -- as was previously reported -- for Microsoft's home console but has simply been put on hold. Final Fantasy XIV producer Hiromichi Tanaka says that discussions with Microsoft regarding the Xbox 360 version are ongoing, with Xbox Live policy issues at the core of the conversation.
Final Fantasy XIV launches worldwide on September 30 for the PC and in March 2011 for the PlayStation 3.
Bonus Offer #1: Save $5.95 on the base Final Fantasy XI Monthly Subscription
Details: The Final Fantasy XI monthly service fee will be discounted from $12.95 USD to $7.00 USD per month on Final Fantasy XI accounts linked to the same Square Enix Account as Final Fantasy XIV.
- Applies only to Final Fantasy XI subscriptions that are paid for by credit card
- The discount will not be applied when the FINAL FANTASY XIV subscription is in its free period, as determined on the 25th of each month
- Does not apply to Final Fantasy XI accounts during their free trial period
- Only applies to one Final Fantasy XI account for each Final Fantasy XIV service account
- Only applies to the base monthly subscription and does not affect add-on content
- This offer will remain in effect until January 2011
Note: For example, if a Square Enix Account has two Final Fantasy XIV service accounts and three FINAL FANTASY XI accounts, then the discount would only apply to two of the three Final Fantasy XI accounts.
Bonus Offer #2: A Special Final Fantasy XIV In-Game Item
Details: Final Fantasy XIV players with an active Final Fantasy XI account will begin their adventure with a special in-game item: Hermes' Shoes. "Named after an elder god, all but forgotten in the modern age, these gold-tipped shoes have been crafted with the lightest of leathers, making them optimal for use by heralds and noterunners."
- For qualifying players, all playable characters created on the Final Fantasy XIV service account will start the game with the bonus item automatically in their inventory.
- In order to qualify for the bonus item: An active Final Fantasy XI account must be linked before the Final Fantasy XIV playable character is created
- At the time the Final Fantasy XIV character is created, the Final Fantasy XI content ID registered to the linked Final Fantasy XI account must not be invalid or cancelled
- The linked Final Fantasy XI account must not be within the free trial period
Bonus Offer #3: Transfer Your Final Fantasy XI Character Name into Final Fantasy XIV
- When creating a new playable character on a Final Fantasy XIV service account, a character name used from the linked Final Fantasy XI account can be transferred to Final Fantasy XIV.
Transfer of a Final Fantasy XI playable character name will not be applicable in the following instances:
- If the Final Fantasy XIV playable character is created before an active Final Fantasy XI account is linked
- If, at the time that the Final Fantasy XIV character is created, the Content ID on the linked Final Fantasy XI is invalid or has been cancelled
- If the linked Final Fantasy XI account is within the free trial period
- If no Final Fantasy XI character exists on the linked Final Fantasy XI account
- Please note that in some instances, it may take upwards of 24 hours for the Final Fantasy XI character name to be selectable in Final Fantasy XIV.
- When prompted, upon selecting the Final Fantasy XI character name as the Final Fantasy XIV playable character name, the transferred name will be the Final Fantasy XI player character name + Final Fantasy XI world name the character resides on.
- Final Fantasy XI Player Character Name: Destiny
- Final Fantasy XI World Name: Odin
- The resulting Final Fantasy XIV character name: Destiny Odin